8 Female Archetypes
Discover real, universal characters that readers respond to time and time again
One common refrain I’ve heard time and time again from editors and agents was the lack of fresh, three-dimensional female characters. Enter the need to understand and exploit archetypical figures. Not clichés, but three-dimensional characters that readers respond to time and time again.
- In-depth analysis of the 8 most common female archetypes
- What each archetype fears and why that matters to create stronger characters
- Response of each archetype to a threat or problem
- Looking at the shadow side of the archetypes
- What drives each archetype to act
- Discovering the gifts of each archetype
- Learning how archetypes interact with other archetypes
- Examples of each archetype in books, movies, TV shows and more
You can create memorable characters with a root in an archetype or archetypes.
Hi! I'm Mary Buckham, owner and instructor here at Mary Buckham On Writing. I'm a USA Today Bestselling author who has been fortunate enough over the last ten years to work with thousands of aspiring and published authors, writing in every genre possible, to hone their writing craft skills. And that's what I want to share with you! Learn more about me. Are you ready to take YOUR writing to the next level? Let's get started.
StartWelcome and Introduction (9:53)
StartLecture 2: The Waif (17:21)
StartLecture 3: The Seductress (19:51)
StartLecture 4: The Spunky Kid (11:41)
StartLecture 5: The Crusader (11:31)
StartLecture 6: The Boss (9:12)
StartLecture 7: The Free Spirit (9:05)
StartLecture 8: The Amazon (11:42)
StartLecture 9: The Nurturer (19:28)
StartClosing Lecture and Download Files (2:20)